According to the Help Center,
If your question is about:
- Complications in every day life due to living in a foreign country as a non-citizen
- Questions about long term (1 year+) work and residence visas, permanent residence, and nationality programs ...
- Questions about what laws in your home country apply to you as an expatriate ...
- Questions about laws and governance in your country of residence, that might apply differently to non-citizens than they do to citizens
- Psychological and physical effects of the immigration to a different country, effects of weather, different culture and language
- Education and work seeking questions for a person migrating from a different country
... then you are probably in the right place to ask your question! Expatriates Stack Exchange is here for questions surrounding ordinary life, just complicated by your status as an expatriate (emphasis added and items enumerated).
It seems to me that questions that appear in this site have not been equally distributed across all the six suggested topics above. My impression is that this site primarily deals with topics 2, 3, and 4. This is reflected, for instance, in questions tagged taxes and visas dominating the lot. On the other hand, questions on topics 1, 5, and 6 have featured less and some of these, if they appear, have been disputed.
I am not sure if this is a real problem, but I fear that we have perhaps been too strict?